Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sue Sullivan blogs on Surfing Your Enthusiasm

Sue Sullivan, one of my favorite writers.
    I always enjoy sharing recommendations of things that I like and think others will value, which is why I am excited to write about Sue Sullivan's blog, Surfing Your Enthusiasm.
    In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to note that Sue and I are friends and first met as students at Arlington High School. I was a senior when Sue was a sophomore. Sue now resides in New Mexico.
    Sue is a computer programmer and writes with a style that is direct, honest and enthusiastic. I find the combination refreshing and regularly read her postings.
    Sue's latest posting discusses that sense of hesitancy many of us experience just before taking an important decision. Sue writes about how this hesitancy (reluctance in her words) surfaced as she stood at the edge of key decisions in her life. She discusses these episodes with candor and honesty. That requires courage and confidence, and many writers, myself included, frequently fall short in those areas when it comes to the topics they select. 
    Many writers will choose topics they are comfortable with or at least avoid subjects that expose their weaknesses and shortcomings. That's probably attributable to human nature, which makes Sue's honesty all the more valuable.
    Take some time to read Sue's postings. I think you will enjoy them.
    And for the record, the dazzling smile Sue flashes in the picture above is the feature that immediately leaped to the forefront of my memories whenever I thought about Sue over the years. Experts say that nostalgia shapes all memories, and that's true in this case. 
    Sue has many accomplishments to her credit, and I enjoy reading about those in her postings, but I am also fond of my memories of her as a cheerful and popular high school sophomore.


—Share news and photos of your group or business here. Email information and photos to kbotterman@gmail.com. Please include caption information with each submitted photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment